How can I change my code? A very common questions we are asked in person and over the phone. Here is a short summary of changing your simplex combination locks.
Simplex locks are probably one of the most popular or common combination locks for commercial applications. Unofficially, the KABA Simplex lock was originally installed by Noah on the Ark. So, chances that you’ve encountered one is very likely. Changing the code is very simple if you have the tools and a quick cheat sheet (provided below).
We are provided the unofficial Loc-Doc cheat sheet and the official Simplex cheat sheet.
Here is a quick summary:
ALWAYS test the lock and current code before starting.
1. CODE: Enter the existing code.
2. CLICK: After removing the combination change plug (inside of the lock), insert the spanner wrench or change tool and rotate clockwise until you feel/hear a “click”
3. CLEAR: Turn the knob clockwise or operate the lever one time (this “clears” the combination gears).
4. CODE: Enter the NEW code.
5. CLEAR: Turn the knob clockwise or operate the lever one time (you should see the latch on the edge of the door retract into the door. If it DOESN’T, repeat steps 4 & 5 until it does. Never CLEAR the knob or lever 2 times in a row. This will result in an OPEN code.)