As a busy property manager in the Carolinas, you’ve got a million things to do every day, and they’re all competing for your attention. Managing an office building, apartment complex, university dormitory, or other property is a challenging job that can be especially difficult if you are responsible for multiple properties and have to travel between them frequently.
If this sounds like you, there’s something you can do to make life easier: mobile access management.
Mobile access management combines access control (key card / fob system) that is connected to the cloud with smart locks and apps for your phone making it easy for administrators to adjust privileges for users.
Using a mobile credential makes it possible for every single person at your property to open, close, lock and unlock doors from anywhere in the world. This has enormous benefits: Mobile access management lets people you approve use their phones instead of key fobs or keys.
This means no more juggling multiple keys or fobs to get in and out of your building. It also means no more replacing lost keys or fobs (which can be costly). The tenants themselves are responsible for managing their own access with their phone. So as soon as an employee leaves or a tenant moves out, their credentials can be automatically revoked. That’s one less thing for you to worry about.
Granting access to an apartment complex or office building in Charlotte used to require either a physical key or an electronic fob. Now, mobile access offers a better way: using your smartphone to open doors across locations.
Mobile access replaces key fobs and key cards with smartphone apps. To open a door, employees, residents and guests simply tap their smartphone against the smart lock reader or use the mobile app. And because mobile access control systems are digital, administrators can adjust access privileges on-the-fly — anytime, anywhere — even when they’re not at the property.
To get started, you need a key card or access control system. These Access Control systems are usually already in place on most commercial buildings, but if you don’t have one on your building, don’t worry, we can help with that.
- No Lost Keys – One of the benefits of using an access control system is the elimination of physical keys. Sometimes keys are lost and rekeying a building and distributing new keys can be costly. Having a key card system or access system can utilize key fobs, key cards, and even electronic credentials that work on your mobile phone or smart watch. If a key card or key fob is lost, you can easily disable it and assign a new credential without the expense of rekeying a whole office building.
- Having Audit Trails – Another benefit for an Access Control System is the data they track. Once a user is assigned a credential, you can see if and when someone entered an area and a specific time. Physical keys don’t leave an audit trail.
- Key Management – Depending on your role, you may need to enter many different buildings or rooms. This can be a hassle if you have to have a physical key for every door. With an Access system, it’s as easy as a few clicks to assign areas and buildings for different users.
- Increased Control – Using an Access Control System makes it easy to manage who can enter, which doors they can open, and specific times they can access the building.
Why Would You Want To Upgrade Your Existing Key Card System?
Some older existing systems were run on old windows computers housed at multiple locations. Having to travel to each location to make changes to who had access to the building was wasting a lot of time. With New technology, we can convert old access systems to a Cloud Based Management Software to easily make changes no matter where our customer is. No more traveling to different locations and working on old computers. This system can be accessed from your mobile phone, laptop, tablet, and even a desktop at home.
- Using Cloud Based Technology Gives You Freedom: no driving to different locations, easily managed.
- You Can Manage One Location or One Hundred: have multiple properties? No problem!
- Manage from ANY Device: mobile phone, tablet, laptop, desktop – no complicated software, just an easy interface.
- Reduced Maintenance: with a Cloud Based System, you don’t have to mess with physical servers, software licenses or updates or patches.
- Secure Credentials: You can quickly issue or revoke in the system from anywhere in the world.
- Issue Digital Credentials: This is a credential shared to a smartphone and is great for people that forget their card and even vendors.
Next, a mobile key or credential is able to be utilized and assigned to users. A mobile credential is like a key but in a digital version. This digital key is sent to your phone through email and is assigned to your device.
Here are some of the Features of a Mobile Credential:
- Tap a single button to open the closest door
- Have one credential/ key for multiple facilities and building amenities.
- Add favorite doors that you frequent to the main menu
- Use Siri voice commands for hands-free operation
It’s an increasingly popular solution for organizations in North Carolina & South Carolina that want to offer greater convenience and flexibility to their employees, tenants and visitors, while maintaining a high level of security.
Your property is your business, and you need to be able to manage it from anywhere. With mobile access control management, you can grant necessary access and control the property from anywhere at any time.
Ready to take control of your buildings? Contact us today at locdoc.net/sales to set up a consultation and make your life easier.