Today we are going to answer the question ‘How Can I Easily Manage My Key Card System?’ At Loc-Doc Security, our Mission is to help you protect your people and your property. We recently had a customer that had an existing key card system that was difficult to navigate. They had to visit each actual site in order to make changes to employees access. This was cumbersome and time consuming. Having to visit each property to make changes for building access takes up way too much valuable time. We can learn from this experience by sharing how we helped solve our customers problem and how to easily manage your key card system without having to be there in person.
Problem: An existing key card access system was difficult to manage and had to be done in person at multiple locations.
Solution: A cloud based access system that manages multiple locations from any device (mobile, desktop, or tablet) from anywhere you are!
An Access control system or Key Card System, is a way to control who can enter a location. This can be a way to control who can enter certain areas, like employees, contractors, janitorial staff, and even visitors. Most systems use a key card or key fob that is scanned at a reader near a door. This credential opens the door and gives access to the area. This is also good for knowing who has been in what locations and for how long.
Question 2: What Are The Benefits of Using an Access Control System?
- No Lost Keys – One of the benefits of using an access control system is the elimination of physical keys. Sometimes keys are lost and rekeying a building and distributing new keys can be costly. Having a key card system or access system can utilize key fobs, key cards, and even electronic credentials that work on your mobile phone or smart watch. If a key card or key fob is lost, you can easily disable it and assign a new credential without the expense of rekeying a whole office building.
- Having Audit Trails – Another benefit for an Access Control System is the data they track. Once a user is assigned a credential, you can see if and when someone entered an area and a specific time. Physical keys don’t leave an audit trail.
- Key Management – Depending on your role, you may need to enter many different buildings or rooms. This can be a hassle if you have to have a physical key for every door. With an Access system, it’s as easy as a few clicks to assign areas and buildings for different users.
- Increased Control – Using an Access Control System makes it easy to manage who can enter, which doors they can open, and specific times they can access the building.
Question 3: Why Would You Want To Upgrade Your Existing Access System?
In this scenario, our customer had an existing system that was running on old windows computers at multiple locations. Having to travel to each location to make changes to who had access to the building was wasting a lot of time. With New technology, we can convert old access systems to a Cloud Based Management Software to easily make changes no matter where our customer is. No more traveling to different locations and working on old computers. This system can be accessed from your mobile phone, laptop, tablet, and even a desktop at home. Some of the benefits are:
- Using Cloud Based Technology Gives You Freedom: no driving to different locations, easily managed.
- You Can Manage One Location or One Hundred: have multiple properties? No problem!
- Manage from ANY Device: mobile phone, tablet, laptop, desktop – no complicated software, just an easy interface.
- Reduced Maintenance: with Cloud Based System, you don’t have to mess with physical servers, software licenses or updates or patches.
- Secure Credentials: You can quickly issue or revoke in the system from anywhere in the world.
- Issue Digital Credentials: This is a credential shared to a smartphone and is great for people that forget their card and even vendors.
We were able to upgrade the existing Access Control System for our customer and make it easy for them to manage their key card system from anywhere in the world! We can help you protect your people and property with a cloud based access control / key card system. Book a free evaluation with our team below!